On 9 May 2011 15:44, guilhermebla...@gmail.com
<guilhermebla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems to me that you are not interested on user's request and
> rather accept/implement only what the features that interest you. It's
> very bad for the language and very bad for all of users.

But surely it is a motivational factor to learn C, and have a go at
implementing the feature yourself! That's what Open Source is all
about. If you don't like the feature, or it is missing one, _DO_
something about it. Saying that the developers are "not interested"
isn't really doing anything.

You really can't expect volunteers to simply down tools from family,
life, paid work to jump through hoops, attempting to make sense of
every user's request. No matter how loud they shout.

Now. If you had a pot (and a big pot) of money, then maybe you could
sponsor some developers for your pet peeve. I'll take your money.

As a volunteer to the PHP project (mainly making an arse of myself in
as many places as possible) and a PHP user, I am deeply indebted to
all the work undertaken by the core devs. I get paid because of them.

Please treat the devs nicely is all I'm really saying.

Richard.
--
Richard Quadling
Twitter : EE : Zend