Am 11.05.2011 00:28, schrieb guilhermebla...@gmail.com:
- Entities with knowledge about its persistence information
That must be something I simply have no knowledge about. But isn't it just a theoretical difference, because in practice, the "code" being annotations or PHP-Code is kept within the class, therefore the entity is not separated from its persistence information...but then I don't really understand the problem in the first place;)

- Resources being wasted
Now you sound like Rasmus when he talks about his assembly-history. Do you really expect Annotations to perform better than hard-wired php-code?

- You rely on an instance to grab information. Or you use a slow
approach of having a static method
This must be something else I do not know. Why is that slower?

Also, there are much more things than you can actually think of related to this.
The code is not bloated. Since you don't have a "pre-processor"  for
class metadatas, you have to build all definitions manually. This is
why you have to set inheritance type, for example.
It seems to me that with good default-behaviour, the coded needed could be stripped down to what i wrote, since it contains as much information as your annotated code.

FYI, Doctrine took an year of planning an another year of careful
implementation of each feature.
Well it's hard to argue with that without stepping on those peoples toes, isn't it?;) Is their reasoning process public knowledge? Maybe that'd help me understand.