Hi Lester,

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 6:32 PM, Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk> wrote:
> Ferenc Kovacs wrote:
>>
>> sorry my FUD counter just overflowed with your last comment.
>
> Sorry you feel that way, but obviously there are more people with my view
> that we simply do not agree on IF annotation should be implemented. I'm a
> lot more comfortable with something that works WITH what we already have
> rather than going off on yet another tangent. Tidying existing docblock
> content to an updated format makes a lot more sense then having to do a
> wholesale re-write many thousands of files. Adding another copy of much of
> the same data in a complete different format is equally insane?

Documentation != Annotation.

A documentation is something that is human readable and understandable
bu humans, but not for applications.
An annotation is a behavioral functionality that is between human
readable and machine readable.
It's the starting point for AOP, which allows you to intercept
execution. I won't enter in details because I assume you have enough
experience to know how does it work.

> PDO is another case in point - that is still not accepted and fully
> functional as a replacement for the genric drivers ... ADOdb still provides
> a valid abstraction layer, and if you must use PDO then it just loads that
> instead of the generic one ... and it runs just as fast on either. PDO is
> functional, but needs more work, however there are few people that find the
> need for improving it?

PDO is horrible. You have to implement workarounds for almost every driver
For example Oracle driver... I already reported to Chris tons of
issues (bug ids) that even include patches for each situation and I
saw a *VERY* few bugs fixed.
I know he has priorities and etc, but it seems that you flood your
mouth to talk about PDO, but actually, writing abstraction drivers
around it is very painful.

> --
> Lester Caine - G8HFL

Guilherme Blanco