Hi!

We're having pretty lively discussion on the list, twitter and other places, but let's not forget the big goal of 5.4 :)

1. First of all, the official business. Any objections to the RMs for 5.4 being:
Stas Malyshev (stas)
David Soria Parra (dsp)

If not, we'll be the 5.4 RM team.

2. Candidates for 5.4: please review this list: https://wiki.php.net/todo/php54

I'd like to set up a vote for the undecided TODO features on wiki.php.net, anybody could help me with setting up the voting module there if there's such thing on the wiki? Or set me up with the access to wiki machine and I'll install it :)

Some of the items are already being discussed, but I'll prepare some kind of official "ballot" and send to the list soon so we'd have common point.

I think it makes sense to have the following limits of the features:
a. It should be either obvious how to do it (example: adding E_STRICT to E_ALL), or have full design & working patch w/tests or somebody has to commit to doing it within roughly a month term.

b. I think we should leave out any big things now, e.g.: annotations - sorry, I know there are many people supporting it, but right now it doesn't seem to be a consensus on how to do it, so I'd rather target 5.5 for it, which if we can make this release go smoothly won't have to be too far out.

3. I'd like to create first alpha sometime next week, if somebody has anything that's not in and wants it in please talk to me. This alpha should in no way be seen as anything stable or final, but rather as a first step on a road to 5.4.
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/