On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 10:22 AM, Derick Rethans <der...@php.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Jun 2011, Stas Malyshev wrote:
>
>> > Voting on the wiki? Yuck. If you want participation, do it here on the
>> > mailinglist and store the record in the wiki. If all "votes" are showing
>>
>> Voting on ML is messy and means somebody needs to read every message on the
>> list and look for votes, however long, tedious and offtopic the discussion
>> gets. Voting with, well, voting application is clean, automatic and
>> efficient.
>> I don't understand why we should use medium that is unfit for the purpose
>> instead of using applications specifically designed for doing what we try to
>> do.
>
> Yes, it's messy on ML. My points where:
> - a call to vote is easily drowned out on the ML with all the noise
> - editting votes on a wiki can too easily be manipulated (I could just
>  change your votes, and there would be no trail).

There is a log and we know who did edit what. Basic trust is required
anyway and if such tricks happen, really, I do not know what to think
about the person doing them (well I do, but that's not the place to
say it).

A plugin will be installed to ease the process, login, vote. You won't
be able to add/edit other votes.

About when a vote happens and how to inform the devs, I do not see
other solutions than getting the devs to read the discussions on the
MLs. If some can't stand the heat, then we can't do much for them
anyway,

Cheers,
--
Pierre