hi!

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Paul Dragoonis <dragoo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> After a brief discussion with Pierre I'm taking this discussion to here.

For the record here, I'm not in favor of bundling igbinary (or other
custom serializer). My main concerns are:

 . the PHP serializer can be overridden at runtime (as in after the build)
 . there will always have some new faster, better, sexier serializer,
depending on the app/usages
 . we can't enable it by default (as other stated too here) for BC
reason (and interop)
 . not enabling it by default defeats the purpose of bundling it
 . easier to support it while being only in pecl ('do you use the core
version or latest pecl?")

Cheers,
--
Pierre