On 09/02/2011 12:24 PM, Stas Malyshev wrote:
Hi!

On 9/2/11 12:17 PM, Christopher Jones wrote:
I'm +1 for this. I think the decision& implementation needs to be done
before Beta or deferred to trunk.

Frankly, I'd be more comfortable with trunk. We have enough trouble with unit
tests etc. before the beta, and introducing profound change in default without
enough time for discussion and gathering feedback from packagers, etc. doesn't
look a smart thing
to do.

Let's see what other comments come in.

Doing it in 5.4 will make it easier to stabilize the tests and allow
trunk & 5.4 build & tests to be in sync.  The user benefits include
more predictable behavior on edge cases, and presumably better
features & quality that core developers could fill their time working
on.

Chris

--
Email: christopher.jo...@oracle.com