Am 02.09.2011 23:30, schrieb Stas Malyshev:
Hi!

On 9/2/11 2:12 PM, Ulf Wendel wrote:
I think, such a statement is quite a big step towards your test
concerns, Stas. Ultimately, I still don't get what you (Stas) are after
with the test discussion. Have I missed any of your worries?

My concerns is first and foremost to have unit tests passing and
compatibility API issues sorted out - such as same functions producing
different semantics on libmysql and mysqlnd. This is my primary concern,
especially if we want to have beta anytime soon :)

Stas,

if you are really concerned about tests, aren't you a bit late, are all the 5.3 releases to be considered instable. I mean, they use the same tests. Andrey may know better, but I even assume mysqlnd to be very, very similar in 5.3 and 5.4. How strong is your argument, how many critical differences are you aware of that prevent a config.m4 change? If there are criticial differences of much practical relevance, how could we miss them, why are we not seeing more bug reports?

With all given respect, I think you are going a bit far here. You seem to be extrapolating from "test x does not work in configuration y" to "z is instable/incompatible with y".

You have one argument against the config.m4 change that I get - the packaging/distribution one. But the test does not pass with X/Y/Z_old seems a bit weak to me.

I hope, nobody is angry if I call it a day.

Enjoy the weekend,
Ulf