Hi!

I really don't think this manual per-feature limiting is going to cut it
here. The real problem is the predictability of the hashing which we can
address by seeding it with a random value. That part is easy enough, the
hard part is figuring out where people may be storing these hashes
externally and providing some way of associating the seed with these
external caches so they will still work.

I think we'd need and API to access the seed value and to calculate hash for given seed value. That would probably allow extensions that store hashes with some additional work to do it properly. Though it needs more detailed investigation.
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/