On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 5:56 AM, Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@lerdorf.com> wrote:
> On 01/04/2012 01:48 PM, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
>> On 01/04/2012 01:27 PM, Stas Malyshev wrote:
>>> Hi!

>>> Just checked - it does not display error if display_startup_errors if
>>> off, does display if it's on.
>>
>> Right, that seems ok. The other thing is that we need to clarify that it
>> actually only limits the number of variables per nesting level. The
>> current name and the description doesn't make that clear. You can still
>> send 1M post vars in a single POST if you just nest them in a 1000x1000
>> 2d array. Of course, this is likely going to hit the post_max_size
>> limit, although many sites that do file uploads will have cranked that
>> way up.
>
> Oh, and a final issue to address.
>
> This code:
>
> for($data=[],$i=0; $i<=999; $i++) $data[$i] = range(0,1001);
> echo curl_post("http://localhost/index.php";,['a'=>$data]);
>
> will spew the warning 2000 times.
>
> & php post.php | grep Warning | wc -l
> 2000

could you try with this new patch:
https://bugs.php.net/patch-display.php?bug_id=60655&patch=max_input_vars.patch&revision=latest
?

this patch also restrict the json / serializer ,  all of them must
less than PG(max_input_vars).

and different with the fix which was commited now,  this patch count
the num vars in a global scope, that means if there are 2 elements
which both have 500 elements in post,  the restriction will also
affect,

and this patch will not affect the existsing called to json or
serializer,   only affect the zif_json_decode and zif_serialize,
after patch, the serialize will have a sencode parameter :"$max_vars".

and the restriction can also be closed by set max_input_vars to 0.

thanks
> -Rasmus
>
> --

Laruence  Xinchen Hui