An important clarification: the RFC has two parts, NOT two options.
Yasuo Ohgaki made many edits to the RFC before deciding to create his
own RFC. He backed out most of his edits but somewhere along the line
he introduced the words "Option 1" and "Option 2" for two things that
are meant to go tegether. The intention is to have both the new
functionality (the require_path keyword, or whatever that evolves
into) AND a strongly encouraged naming convention for PHP files of the
two types (see my original draft).

I have corrected the RFC to read as intended.

I'll be updating it with a second version shortly but wanted to clear
up this confusion first.

(I think it would be best for RFCs to have a single author of group of
authors who are in agreement about the intent of the RFC. Proposing an
alternative RFC, as Yasuo Ohgaki is now doing, is a much less
confusing way to put forward a concept the original author does not
agree with.)

--
Tom Boutell
P'unk Avenue