Ralph Schindler wrote:
Hey Lester,

That is almost archaic it's self ...
It should be replaced with a pointer to using parameters ( no we do not
need 'prepared statements', just parameters ). One of the first things I
implement on any code that I'm porting. Does away with any agro over
escaping strings and is totally save 'injection' wise.

While I generally agree, 'just parameters' does have it's limitations. Sometimes
there are special character sequences that can be exploited to escape out of a
quoted value in a SQL string.

Offhand, this comes to mind about MySQL:
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=8378

Well if you must use a simple database ;)

I've never used MySQL simply because it has yet to get to the same standard as Firebird ... But I'm talking about passing parameters direct to '?' entries in the SQL - something which if it CAN be broken then the database is also broken? The database handles the 'data' going into a single field at a time.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL