On 18.06.2012, at 19:42, Pierre Joye wrote:

>>> Maybe nice to have in pecl.'
>>
>> Sure, that's an option, but pecl won't help php to have default
>> "state-of-art" password hashing toolset ;)
>
> There is sadly only state-of-art-right-now password hashing methods.
> We have to keep that in mind :)

Sure. but SCrypt is tuneable. One can increase both CPU and RAM complexity and
CPU complexity is set as function of time.
Which means, that if one upgrades CPU in his server, while leaving settings the
same complexity will increase automatically.

This feature makes it future-proof to some degree. Well… until quantum
computers become ubiquitous ;)