Am 16.11.2012 03:23, schrieb Sherif Ramadan:
> People have been talking about and educating others about the
> deprecation of ext/mysql for quite some time now. I'm sure that it

Random dates in the lifes of ext/mysql[i]:

2003
  * ext/mysqli, the "improved" version of ext/mysql gets developed
  * Int. PHP Conference ext/mysqli talk
  * Similar talk given at the local PHP meetup in Hamburg includes
    "Migration from mysql to mysqli"
  * Zak Greant and Georg Richter publish Zend.com article

2004
  * PHP 5.0.0 ships ext/mysqli
  * 2x Int. PHP Conference PHP5 + MySQL 4.1/5.0
    (= requires ext/mysqli, mysqli was made for 4.1/5.0)
  * ApacheCon Europe PHP5 + MySQL

2006
  * MySQL recommends mysqli and publishes a conversion script
    http://lists.mysql.com/announce/400
  * ext/mysql feature request gets won't fix
    https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=37867
  * MySQL announces the plan to develop the mysqlnd library

2007
  * First public mysqlnd version supports mysqli only
    http://lists.mysql.com/announce/432

2011
  * Public ext/mysql deprecation outcry

2012
  * Soft-deprecation warnings added to php.net manual
    https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=62213

No judgement intended.

Ulf