On 20/11/12 21:22, Lester Caine wrote:
Ulf Wendel wrote:
   1. Add this link to the RFC?:
>> https://wikis.oracle.com/display/mysql/Converting+to+MySQLi
As the author I cannot recommend materials created in 2006 and not
updated since then for inclusion into a RFC.

At the end of the day this is the problem all around. There needs sufficient volume of mysqli examples and tutorials to at least get some on a search for 'mysql php tutorial'.

This IS all about education carrots rather than irritating sticks. Perhaps there needs to be a concerted campaign to get the key tutorials such as at http://www.w3schools.com updated to a much more modern format?

There was a concerted campaign to get w3schools updated, but as far as I know, it's fallen on deaf ears. And it's not just their PHP info that's outdated.

See w3fools.com

Cheers,
David