On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 23:16:52 +0100, Pierre Joye <pierre....@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 11:01 PM, Ben Ramsey <ram...@php.net> wrote:

I've already removed the array_pluck() alias. Unfortunately, after removing the alias, it appears that some have changed their votes from "yes" to "no," because they preferred the other function name.

That said, I'm not going to call for a vote on the function name at this
time. The predominant sentiment on the list was for it to have one function name or the other, but not both, so I've updated the pull request
accordingly.

Up to you, but I'd to suggest again to re do the vote and add the
naming option, easy, clear, open.

I don't think either easier or clear. Then all sort of questions come up if none of the three options has an absolute majority. And if you open two separate and concurrent votes you're taking from people the power to condition the vote on a specific choice of name.

Personally, I don't care about the name as long as only one is chosen (no alias).

--
Gustavo Lopes