On 01/14/2013 02:19 PM, Lars Strojny wrote:
Hi Ben,

Am 14.01.2013 um 23:16 schrieb Pierre Joye <pierre....@gmail.com>:
[...]
Up to you, but I'd to suggest again to re do the vote and add the
naming option, easy, clear, open.
I was one of the people changing from yes to no because of the name. I like the
functionality but I prefer no new array function over one with yet another
strange name.

cu,
Lars

You'd rather the new method misuse the meaning of the word "pluck" over following an established convention within it's own environment that is meaningful? If it is called "array_pluck" it should remove the data in question from the original array. (I'm not saying that is a desirable feature here, I'm just saying that makes more sense based on the meaning of the name you seem to prefer.) If there's a problem with the array functions not being verbs (which, personally, I don't think is a huge issue as long as it is consistent), that should be addressed for the array functions as an entire set-- not for one particular one.

Re: the vote:
There is no point in redoing the vote at this point. If the vote does not pass as it is, that means either the community doesn't support the new feature or they don't support the proposed function name. It's obvious, based on the current vote results, that the community does support the feature, so it is simply a matter of issuing a second vote if this one fails.

-Matt