Ferenc Kovacs wrote:
>But this is a core php feature, for anyone who does not use traits.... We
>use this quite a bit, it may not be for purists, but it has worked
>perfectly for years. This is getting a bit silly, change for change sake....

I've found this to be a huge wtf when you bump into, and already reported
by E_STRICT, so I was sold to the arguments made in the RFC.

I think that this is the point here ...
In order for legacy code to even work, E_STRICT has to be disabled, so one does not see any problem. That is the whole point of the switch? There is no requirement to test code with the switch on, the wtf comes when something that is 'protected' by E_STRICT is later removed! This was one of the major rework areas on my own code and I can TOTALLY understand people taking the ADVISED ROUTE of switching E_STRICT off as an alternative solution. NOW the question is, what is the point of E_STRICT if it can't be avoided anyway?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL