On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk> wrote:

> Gustavo Lopes wrote:
>
>> I've opened the vote for the "remove calls from incompatible context" RFC:
>>
>> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/**incompat_ctx#vote<https://wiki.php.net/rfc/incompat_ctx#vote>
>>

> FINALLY realised why this was an itch I had to scratch.
> Why just pick on one aspect of E_STRICT ? Surely the end point should be
> removing all of the 'advisory warnings' blocked by E_STRICT rather than
> having a vote on each one.
>
> Flag as depricated ready to be removed in PHP6. So the discussion SHOULD
> be on what else should be removed in PHP6 ?

as I mentioned before in another thread back in the pre 5.3 days E_STRICT
was indeed used in some cases for the same purposes as what E_DEPRECATED
does now, but there are exceptions so these should be reviewed case by case
basis for deprecation/removal instead of replacing every E_STRICT with
E_DEPRECATED.

--
Ferenc Kovács
@Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu