Kalle
> Sommer Nielsen
> Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:28 PM
> To: Zeev Suraski
> Cc: internals@lists.php.net
> Subject: Re: [PHP-DEV] [RFC] Integrating Zend Optimizer+ into the PHP
> distribution
>
> Hi Zeev
>
> 2013/1/29 Zeev Suraski <z...@zend.com>:
> > In parallel we're in the process of prepping the source code for
> > independent public consumption, which I hope we can be done with by
> > the end of next week, hopefully sooner.
>
> I'm sorry, but I don't see why we out of a sudden should consider adding
a Zend
> product to the core, over that we got already, yes I'm pointing in APC's
> direction, although it is in PECL.

The RFC explains the pros and cons of doing that, I don't really have any
additional reasons to add beyond what I already put there.  I believe the
pros outweigh the cons by a good considerable margin, but that's what the
vote would be about.  Perhaps the one thing worth adding is that the
people who worked on Optimizer+ are all major php.net contributors,
including Dmitry, Stas, Andi and myself - it's not some alien artifact.

Zeev