This is roughly the roadmap we have in mind.  Given that some people are
eager not to delay 5.5.0 either at all or more than we absolutely have to,
I figured I'd parallelize the discussion and the work we're doing to prep
it for open sourcing.  We're already well under way into that process, and
I'm hopeful we can publish it within a week or so.
BTW, Dmitry already baked ZTS support in earlier today.  I said it
shouldn't take too long :)

> @Zeev, out of interest, how much time does Zend plan to spend on
maintaining
> Optimizer+ in the core for the foreseeable future?

We view it as an essential part of the PHP stack so we'll maintain it in
the same manner we help maintain the Zend Engine.

Zeev