Hi!

> Yes, this is an overhead, but it is small beer compared to doing a
> getattr() RPC across the server room fabric to a NAS server backend.

That depends of what your error handlers do. Some may write to log
files, etc. if not configured properly (since error_reporting setting
doesn't have to be considered in it).
IIRC, for most of the cases O+ should be able to resolve all
includes/requires on cached files without syscalls - but file_exists is
a different matter since caching it in generic case can be very dangerous.

> I guess that I should bite the bullet and switch to 5.5.  I've been
> working on an evaluatorfork of APC optimized for CLI/GCI which tackles a
> lot of these issues head on and performs reasonable well, but I realise
> that this is a dead-end and will never get deployed, but I am currently
> considering regressing some of this technology into 5.5 and O+.  Are you
> interested in a version of O+ which supports all SAPIs?

I think right now O+ can support CLI (provided enable_cli is set) but
for most cases it's kind of useless since scripts are rarely re-included
in common CLI scenarios. So if you know how to improve common CLI
scenarios it may be interesting, though I imagine it's not the most
common use case. But if it adds there without problems for anything
else, why not.

--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/