> In my opinion UTC is a good compromise.

I agree that _in the absence of any other setting_ there's nothing
wrong with using UTC! Let be clear: UTC is a perfectly fine hands-off
default rather than issuing a warning. Non-technical end users will
guess you're on London time but whatever.

I am simply making the point that UTC is not the "default default"
even when sysops or devs put their hands in. The choice isn't just UTC
or what the end user personally sets. Domain time exists, no matter if
Pierre has experienced it or not.

-- S.