On 11/09/2013 19:52, Arvids Godjuks wrote:
As the one who started this in the first place, I support the idea.

There are benifits and downsides to this, nothing is perfect of course.

Downsides are that this will fragment the discussions.
Upside is that this will move all those heated discussions from the list to
forum. This can be a two layer thing: forum is for initial discussion,
agruments and general feeling. If things go well, it is moved to mailing
list for serious considiration and discussion.
Putting just a forum somewhere for discussion is not serious - this has to
be done under php.net banner.

Anyway I see that people got their teeth into news.php.net - after Wildcard
conference is done, I'm planing to cooperate those people and sink my teeth
in too.

I've just made a big commit on my machine which means news.php.net won't rely on Apache .htaccess rewrites, such that I can use the development server to debug it. Now that I've done that, I think I'll get started on making news.php.net build up a database of post relations so it can do a hierarchical view.

Andrea Faulds is it ok to contact you off list for this on monday?

Sure thing.

--
Andrea Faulds
http://ajf.me/