On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 05:23:53PM +0300, Alexey Zakhlestin wrote:

> did you hear about RHSCL?
> http://developerblog.redhat.com/2014/06/04/red-hat-software-collections-rhscl-1-1-now-ga/

Yes. That gives me PHP 5.4:

http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/SCL?highlight=%28software%29|%28collections%29

SCL 1.1 is supposed to give me PHP 5.5, but I cannot see it.

> it solves this usecase nicely

I don't think so --- please show me that I am wrong.

Debian testing is better it is on PHP 5.6.2
Debian stable is on PHP 5.4.35

But my point remains: many people stick with what comes with the operating
system distribution.

Showing them easy ways of upgrading and staying (security) patched might help.

--
Alain Williams
Linux/GNU Consultant - Mail systems, Web sites, Networking, Programmer, IT