On 15/03/15 18:16, Niklas Keller wrote:
>> I think allowing `null` for an `int` is an error. Converting a null to
>> > zero on a type boundary is harmful in my opinion.
> I agree, `null` shouldn't be allowed for `int`.

That a database result set will have perfectly valid 'null' returns for
fields is perfectly normal practice. Even if with a full record those
fields would have numeric counts of say invoices for a period. Treating
the field as a '0' may be valid in some cases, but equally handling a
null return is valid.

While off topic here, very closely related is returning a 'null' object
when there are no return values. Now converting that to an exception is
simply wrong from a normal data flow process. null has a specific
function and value.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL