Hi Nikita,

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 1:13 AM, Nikita Popov <nikita....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Instead of continuing to use serialize_precision, which will produce
> unnecessarily long outputs for many values, why don't we just switch to
> using the 0 mode of zend_dtoa, i.e. to return the shortest output that is
> still accurate if interpreted in round-to-nearest. I think this is what
> everybody else is using when they convert floating point numbers to
> strings. I guess we may not be able to change normal floating point
> printing to use this, but this seems like the best mode for anything using
> serialize_precision now and everything that should be using it (like JSON,
> and queries, etc).

I prefer your proposal!
Your proposal is a lot better than now.
Anyone has opinion for this?

I'm writing the RFC and I would like to make this the first option. i.e.
serialize_precision=0 uses "zend_dtoa 0 mode" for all data exchange
functions (json/serialize/var_exrport. Anyone care about WDDX/XML_RPC?)

Regards,

--
Yasuo Ohgaki
yohg...@ohgaki.net