> On Nov 8, 2015, at 5:35 PM, Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@lerdorf.com> wrote:
>
> On 11/08/2015 05:16 PM, Anatol Belski wrote:
>> Exactly, the relevant patches are going into RC7 which is then out on 12th
>> instead of GA. The next closest release slot were then Nov 26th, either for
>> GA or for RC8 (but better not try to predict). If it stands good, we might
>> have no reason to wait until the Mrs. Lovelace birthday party :)
>
> We should try really hard to get it out on the 26th. Once we get into
> December people start to disappear. Nov.26 is American Thanksgiving
> though, but I don't think that should interfere.

I think thanksgiving is not a great time to releasing something so significant.
Most folks in the US are on time off and you won’t get as much interest.

If we do need to postpone I’d aim for Nov 30th or Dec 1st then. My experience
is that as long as you’re in the first two weeks of December you still get
people. After the 14th you slow down….

I know we are open-source and release when it’s ready but I think for such a
huge deal it is worth waiting three more working days.

Btw, do we want to do something special on php.net <http://php.net/>? Front
page?  Not the sexiest site as-is so maybe gives us an excuse to spice up the
front page?

Just my 2 cents.
Andi