On 11/09/2015 04:20 PM, David Zuelke wrote:
> November 30 is Cyber Monday, where people are either
>
> a) focused on maxing out their credit cards on every possible e-commerce
> site, or
> b) unable to roll out PHP 7 because their customers are busy with a)
>
> At least at Heroku we have a blackout policy around Thanksgiving and
> Christmas for platform changes, and I'd imagine other hosting platforms do as
> well.
>
> So maybe either Tuesday, or even better, Thursday, since that's release day
> anyway.

Let's be realistic. This is not a critical security fix for production
servers. This is a .0.0 release. For developers this marks the point
where they need to start making upgrade plans if they haven't already. I
realize for Heroku and the few similar cloud computing services out
there it might be slightly different in that you want to be quick to
provide the first golden PHP 7 to your customers.

My only concern with the timing is whether we are adding undue
inconvenience to our RM team and all the other folks on our side that
are affected by a release.

-Rasmus