HI Anthony,

On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 4:37 PM, Bishop Bettini <bis...@php.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 4:06 PM, Anthony Ferrara <ircmax...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> I have created a new RFC for the PHP Project to adopt the Contributor
>> Covenant as the official Code of Conduct for the project
>>
>> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/adopt-code-of-conduct
>>
>> Let me know what you think or if there are any concerns
>>

> Thanks for bringing this to the table, Anthony.  I am +1 because, while
> we're diverse on some axes, we are startlingly alike in others
> <http://www.facesoftheelephpant.com/archive>.

I remain committed to the RFC ideal, but the arguments presented have
swayed me: I cannot support the RFC as written in v0.3. Generally, I reject
language condensing authority to a small subset of individuals and granting
rights to act on their limited opinion. Specifically, the proposed text of
paragraphs 4, 5, 7, and 9 do just that. I am happy to discuss in detail,
but honestly I don't think that will move us closer to consensus.

I think simplification is needed. Let's start with our values before we
start talking about a protocol for accusations. After all, does it matter
how we deal with accusations if we can't agree on core values?

And on that note, I'd like to suggest the Code Manifesto as a starting
point for our values statement: http://codemanifesto.com/

Sincerely,
bishop