> On 13 Jan 2016, at 16:15, Ryan Pallas <derokor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 7:55 AM, Rouven Weßling <m...@rouvenwessling.de>
>> wrote:
>>
>> TL;DR: If you find yourself replying more than once an hour to a thread,
>> something is wrong.
>
> Yup, this is explicitly part of "mailing list rules"
>
> Do not post when you are angry. Any post can wait a few hours. Review
>      your post after a good breather or a good nights sleep.
>
> Try to wait a bit longer before
>      sending your replies to give other people more time to digest your
> answers
>      and more importantly give you the opportunity to make sure that you
>      aggregate your current position into a single mail instead of multiple
>      ones. [1]
>

> Of course, it also says things like "Do not top post" and we see how often
> that happens...
>
> [1]
> http://git.php.net/?p=php-src.git;a=blob_plain;f=README.MAILINGLIST_RULES;hb=HEAD

Oh, wow. I guess that shows how well I know the rules. *cough*

To me that shifts the question a bit to: What can be done to have people follow
these rules?

I mean in a parallel thread someone kept top posting after being reminded of
the rules. I doubt
it would go any better if I were to tell someone they are writing too many
mails in a row.

Best regards
Rouven