Hi,

As we are talking about newcomers and the way we should encourage them, may I suggest you all to read Dustin's 'friend class' RFC (https://wiki.php.net/rfc/friend-classes). That's his first RFC and he got only one (negative) reply. Whether you like it or not, his work deserves being read and commented, just as anybody else's.

Today, after one week, almost nobody bothered reading his RFC, just because his name is not well-known. Typically, the next step will be his RFC being massively rejected when he opens the vote. I'll say this again and again : that's not the way it is supposed to be and this is very discouraging for newcomers.

Regards

François