On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 10:20 PM, Derick Rethans <der...@php.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jan 2016, Pavel Kouřil wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 8:04 PM, Derick Rethans <der...@derickrethans.nl>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > I've decided to re-propose the CoC RFC. There are many reasons for it,
>> > but there are a few points I want to make.
>>
>> if you still insists on some CoC, maybe you could at least look into
>> something else than the "Contributor Covenant"?
>>
>> For example, http://code-of-merit.org/ seems much more reasonable in
>> "getting the things done" than the Covenant.
>
> Sure - I would very much appreciate a list of things to look at. Would
> you have time to suggest a list with C of C's? It is unlikely that one
> will cover it all anyway. Something that (stolen the idea from twitter)
> has a good list of *positive* core values is also in my opinion
> important to have.
>
> cheers,
> Derick

Hi,

unfortunately, I don't have time for that (or at least not now). :(

The other thing is, I honestly don't believe you even need a CoC - and
if you really DO need it, it should be as short as possible, basically
something like "write code/rfcs, politely discuss it and don't discuss
anything not related to project on project forums/mailing lists/etc."
should be totally enough. The longer the CoC gets, the more "clutter"
it will have - as you can see in the Covenant.

(This is why I find the Code of Merit much better than Covenant, even
though it is IMHO still too long - and the fact it doesn't have
approximately 1/3 or 1/4 of the text dedicated to listing abusive
behavior and the general equality stuff, like Covenant does. And that
it doesn't try to control people outside of the project.)

Regards
PK