On 08/08/16 22:59, Rasmus Schultz wrote:
> Doesn't work with Composer packages, because you can't (and aren't
> supposed to) know where a package is installed.
>
> That is, when I'm running the test-suite of my package, the Composer
> project is the root folder of that package - but when the package is
> being consumed by another project, it's installed in a sub-folder in
> that project's "vendor" folder.

So Composer IS now the rule rather than some optional extra? It is OK
for users who only want to load the one application, but when one is
running a large number of different packages it's a major hindrance. I
don't need to know where my Linux install has put the include files ...
it takes care of that and then finding the pigging things again is the
problem. Much the same with finding the source of problems in the mess
that composer has created!

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL