Hi François

> Hi,
>
> PCS provides a fast and easy mechanism to mix C and PHP code in PHP
> extensions (more about PCS at http://pcs.tekwire.net). Thanks to the PHP 7
> performance improvement and the inclusion of opcache in the core, a lot of
> existing non-performance-critical extension code may now be converted to PHP
> without significant performance loss (this must be measured case by case, of
> course, but tests show that opcode-cached PHP code is often faster than C).

I think this is on the edge of being too late for 7.2, remember we got
the first alpha coming this thursday and the feature freeze on July
20th.

On topic, I think it looks very interesting, tho I need to dig a bit
more into it and would look forward to a formal RFC.

--
regards,

Kalle Sommer Nielsen
ka...@php.net