On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 10:22 PM, Kalle Sommer Nielsen <ka...@php.net>
wrote:

> Den søn. 24. jun. 2018 kl. 18.47 skrev Nikita Popov <nikita....@gmail.com
> >:
> > If you have a minor deprecation in mind, but were too lazy to write an
> RFC
> > for it, please write me a mail until tomorrow, so that it might be
> included
> > as part of this proposal. As time is limited I don't want to include
> > anything larger or controversial in this RFC though.
>
> I took the liberty and added the FILTER_SANITIZE_MAGIC_QUOTES to the
> RFC so we may once and for all get rid of magic_quotes.

After looking into this, I think that FILTER_SANITIZE_MAGIC_QUOTES may be a
legitimate filter, which just has a bad name. Next to other filters that
perform htmlspecialchars and urlencode, it makes sense that there is also a
filter that performs addslashes. Maybe we should just rename this filter to
something which is not tainted by the "magic quotes" terminology?

Nikita