On 24/04/2019 14:41, vsura...@gmail.com wrote:
A 68% majority which barely clears the 2/3 requirements for something as
fundamental as that - with so many core devs against it - we'll deserve all the
criticism that will be coming our way in 7.4/8.0 from end users wondering why
we needlessly broke their apps and made migration a bit more of a headache.

This is yet another negative move in my forward planning and just another cross against even bothering with PHP8 ... and PHP7.4 is only going to complain about things so while I've not even started testing on PHP7.3, that is likely to be the last version of PHP I will be using ... once all the warnings are dealt with on PHP7.2 ... I don't think even the carrot of 'JIT' this time trumps being beaten around the head with more and more BC changes we will to have to manage and adding 'php' to every <? that is not a simple <?= in template files goes heavily against all the other attempts at removing descriptive text elsewhere.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL