On 4/28/2019 4:52 AM, Benjamin Morel wrote:
- it allows tools that automatically convert short open tags to standard
open tags to actually work on PHP 8. Because if I'm not mistaken, if these
tools are based on token_get_all() and "<?" is not recognized as a token
anymore in PHP 8, these tools would stop working on PHP 8.

It's very much possible to use token_get_all() with short open tag support disabled and/or removed to convert from short open tags to full open tags and, in fact, has already been done.

--
Thomas Hruska
CubicleSoft President

I've got great, time saving software that you will find useful.

http://cubiclesoft.com/

And once you find my software useful:

http://cubiclesoft.com/donate/