Lars Stokholm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes: > Lars Stokholm wrote: >> When I'm in a tiled workspace, Mod1+F1 doesn't always open the manual >> page. Pressing it repeatedly will open it about 1/3 of the time. In a >> floating workspace this is no problem - it opens every time. > > Hmm, I restarted Ion to test something, and there's no longer a > problem. But at least I can conclude that there was nothing on stderr.
If you're starting ion from a login manager (e.g., xdm/gdm/kdm or something) the stderr is probably redirected. On my system (debian) it goes into ~/.xsession-errors. If you post with more details (e.g., distribution & login manager) someone may be able to help more. Running 'ls -lrtd .*' may help, because that will list dot-files, with the most recently modified at the end. Run that right after logging in, and if stderr is being redirected to a file it will likely be toward the end of that list. (The logs you saw on vt-1 -- after ctrl-alt-f1 -- were likely kernel log messages, and not related.) -- Jeremy Hankins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> PGP fingerprint: 748F 4D16 538E 75D6 8333 9E10 D212 B5ED 37D0 0A03
