On 2008-01-08, Nick Murdoch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Presuming you want a graphical client rather than a terminal browser,
> Opera is pretty nice for keybindings... an awful lot can be set in the
> advanced preferences. Tab only cycles through form elements, and
> Shift+arrows lets you select links, similarly to how elinks does it.

I find that Opera is actually _more_ keyboard-usable than the typical
text-mode browsers. A lot of the time I just use inline search to go to
a link. Spatial navigation is also nice, although that could be improved^1.
With a lot of search keywords (^l to location bar, "wp foobar" for wikipedia
search, etc.), as well as address completion, there's little need to touch
the mouse for browsing well-designed Web pages (i.e. those that have not
seen a Web Designer). Opera also supports configuration the bindings,
though a rather awkward WIMPy interface, which is still better than
Firefox's "install an extension and hunt for javascript snippets all
over the Web for even remapping existing bindings".

^1 I'd like there to be some indication where it will take
you, because it isn't always clear in complex layouts, and there
should also be header navigation, like with the linear, w/s. I'd
also like it not to jump page, when the next option isn't visible,
but rather scroll, possibly not moving anywhere, until a target
is visible. Among other possible improvements.)

--
Tuomo