Francis,

>  In your previous mail you wrote:
>
>    But I don't really care about your opinion or others on
> what should be
>    used or not used from the work we do in the IETF.
>
> => I disagree: the resources of IETF are not infinite so waste is
> a common concern.

We are talking about use not a standard.  Thats none of the IETFs
business formally.
We have enough work in the formal IETF charter work load, at least I do.

Plus the only resources used for "use" are those who ship products and
the network operators that use them.

>    What I care about is if you find a technical hole or error in our
>    protocol specifications or interoperablity issues.
>
> => I'd like to see any of the security concerns of
> draft-prigent-dhcpv6-threats-00.txt addressed, or
> a proof that "the capability of automatic allocation of
> reusable network addresses" has a meaning for IPv6 addresses
> (note that we have 5 years of proof of the opposite).

Differentiate the need for an Intranet vs an Internet.
Most DHC is deployed on Intranets.  Ralph has responded to you and I
concur.

/jim