The DHCPv6 spec defines a well-known site-scoped multicast address
that all DHCP servers listen on.  Assuming a DHCP client has
an address of sufficient scope to which a DHCP server can reply,
the client can send an Information-Request message to that
multicast address to contact a DHCp server without requiring
a relay agent.

- Ralph