Pekka Nikander wrote:
> That is, if we assume that
> there are two types of mobile nodes, "weak" ones and "strong"
> ones, but only one type of corresponding nodes, ones that
> are able to act either as "weak" or "strong", the bit method
> does indeed seem to create some footing.

This I still don't understand. A header option can assert "weak"
or "strong" (or better, "algorithm ID") just as well as magic
bits in an address, without overloading the address and stealing
bits already allocated in EUI-64. A header option can also be
cryptographically authenticated.

I fully understand why we need bidding-down protection and the
newly suggested step down procedure. I just can't see a case
for putting the required semantics in the address.

   Brian