Hi Pekka,

> I agree with you that the "bit method" is not a good method.
> On the effective value of the method I have to *disagree*, though.
> There is, however, a need to divide the IP addresses into two
> sets:
>
>    1. Addresses for which CGA (or something similar) is *required*.
>
>    2. Addresses for which CGA (or somethign similar) is not used
>       or is optional.

My understanding of this entire discussion was that the "bit method"
was more along these lines:

        1. Addresses for which something stronger than Return Routability
           is needed.

        2. Addresses for which Return Routability is sufficient.

I thought that further study on CGA was needed, in order to get consensus
on if the protection it provides is sufficient.

One comment I would like to make about this topic, which I don't think
has been addressed (no pun intended), is that this 'bit method' for addresses
essentially can identify nodes which are 'potentially' mobile.  I am not a
security expert, so this may not really be a threat, but my feeling is that
most mobile devices will probably be small devices, that are
battery/processor/l2 (i.e. wireless) limited devices.  By identifying
nodes this way, do we open up the possibility for addition DoS attacks
(small device with limited processor, battery & bandwidth capacity) is
more susceptible to flooding attacks.  Is this an issue?

thanks,
John