On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Bound, Jim wrote:
> I think this is a reasonable proposal.  With these guidelines stated
> somewhere it will prevent most problems.

Agree.

> But in routing code I would as
> implementor check if a site came in at me and if globally connected drop
> the packet and not let thru default route.

This would be relatively easy to do, I suppose.

But note that there is (currently) more than that: site-border routers
must also check source addresses of packets and drop them.   This may get
difficult as you have to have a way of configuring the fact that this is
indeed a site border.  This can't really be solved by adding a route..

(Note I meant site/global border with site border above, not two
different sites)