On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Michel Py wrote:

> > Aleksey wrote:
> > BTW, I prepared a draft which spells out NAT6
>
> If you're tired of life, there probably are better ways to go than being
> lynched by a crowd of IETFers.

Ever heard about SNMP wars? I highly doubt that by now there is so much
fire left anywhere in IETF :)

Speaking seriously, it seems to me that people underestimate both how easy
is to do NAT6 even without any official blessing and how hard is to fight
against market forces.

So, it is quite possible that nobody would ever want NAT6, but if there
is a desire it will be unstoppable. Moreover, the only result of special
measures making NAT6 harder to do will result in more starving companines
trying to differenciate themselves by providing workarounds.

IMHO being NAT6-neutral/NAT6-friendly would at least reduce its
commercial attractivness (similar to drug legalization).

BTW, giving every organization /48 will lead to a pretty big routing
tables.

> Michel.

Thanks,

Aleksey