From: "Margaret Wasserman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
"Unfortunately, we don't have a proven/accepted method for doing provider
independent address allocation that will scale..."
====

Since you do not have a "proven/accepted" method, people can just route around the
situation
and that becomes a proven/accepted method....

128-bit DNS AAAA Record Flag Day Formats
2003:[IPv4]:[SDLL.OFFF.FFFF.TTTT]:[64-bit IPv8 or IPv16 Persistent Address]
[YMDD]:[IPv4]:[SDLL.OFFF.FFFF.TTTT]:[64-bit IPv8 or IPv16 Persistent Address]
1-bit to set the Reserved/Spare ("AM/FM") bit in Fragment Offset [S]
1-bit to set the Don't Fragment (DF) bit [D]
2-bits to select 1 of 4 common TTL values (255, 128, 32, 8) [LL]
1-bit for Options Control [O]
7-bits to set the Identification Field(dst) [FFFFFFF]
4-bits to set the TOS(dst) Field [TTTT]
Default SDLL.OFFF.FFFF.TTTT = 0000.0000.0000.0000
FFF.FFFF.TTTT = GGG.SSSS.SSSS
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt
IPv8
0QQQQGGGSSSSSSSS[32-bits][Port]