Hi Jeroen,

        Well, my main point was how to provide anonymity without forcing
users
to use NATv6.

But....

        Here's some other URLs which indicate that NAT is outlawed by
some of
this new legislation. What these laws proscribe, in general terms, is
any technology which hides the actual source of an internet session.
This pretty clearly covers NAT, Bluetooth, Proxy Servers, forwarding
services, load balancers, and probably other things I haven't thought of
yet.

        Long-term I don't think this group should reply on these laws as
solution to NATv6, for the same reasons that banning it in the RFC may
not work.

        Here's the short explanation:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=8595

        Here's the URL of the Michigan law's official analysis:

http://michiganlegislature.org/documents/2001-2002/billanalysis/house/htm/2001-HLA-6079-b.htm

        It says in part:

"Telecommunications service and devices. Currently the code prohibits a
person from manufacturing, possessing, "delivering", offering to
deliver, or
advertising a counterfeit telecommunications device or a
telecommunications device, if he or she intends to use the device or to
allow the device to be
used--or knows or has reason to know that the device is intended to be
used--for either of the following illicit purposes:

·  to obtain or attempt to obtain telecommunications service with the
intent to avoid or aid or abet or cause another person to avoid any
lawful charge
for the service in violation of the prohibition described above; or

·  to conceal the existence or place of origin or destination of any
telecommunications service

        When you read the surrounding definitions, this last clause
clearly
covers NAT, firewall proxies, I suspect this is unintentional; but for
now NAT is illegal in Michigan.

--
-JB-

(==)o(==) H John Bartas - Main Propeller head
   _I_    H InterNiche Technologies Inc. (408) 257-8014 x219
  /   \   H 1340 S. DeAnza Blvd. Suite 102
  -----   H San Jose CA 95129
   O O    H [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    "     H www.iniche.com
  \___/   H