Erik Nordmark wrote:
> FWIW, I think a multi6 solution with id/loc separation will
> make the local addressing concerns go away.

Well a 'solution' might do that, but I don't see one happening in our
lifetimes. Any separation will require a mapping infrastructure to
dynamically bind the values back together. Such a mapping infrastructure
will have all of the scaling concerns of DNS, plus the constraint that its
convergence times are extremely short. There is no well-known technology for
running a global multi-master, cross trust boundary, database, with
appropriate caching for scale, and convergence times that are useful for
application failover. If one exists, maybe the end system stacks can be
rebuilt to use it within a decade ...

Tony