IIRC the license has allowed OCB to be used for TLS for several years. They
haven’t taken it up. There are no AES-OCB ciphersuites
inhttps://www.iana.org/assignments/tls-parameters/tls-parameters.xml#tls-parameters-4

<inhttps://www.iana.org/assignments/tls-parameters/tls-parameters.xml#tls-parameters-4>

So I’m wondering right with you: It has a theoretical advantage in security and
a measurable advantage in speed in software.  Neither were compelling enough
for anyone to bother adding it in TLS ciphersuites.  Why should our conclusion
be any different?

Yoav